Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:03:12 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:29 AM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > No. Look, I didn't change anything. It has grown that way and
>  >  > I know it's fscking broken.
>  >
>  >  Ahh, alright, I guess I was wrong.  I thought it used to show the
>  >  version numbers.  Sorry.
>
>  No problem. It really is like this, and IIRC several people
>  have complained about it already. Hysterical raisins, again,
>  are to be blamed.

Those damn raisins are at it again!

I'll volunteer to help here. For tagged eggs, the version number is
the name of the most recently-added tag (correct)? For untagged eggs,
the setup file will include a version number; if it does not, we can
assume a version of 0.0.0.

I'll keep a local, updated copy of the release/3 repository, analyze
the eggs for their version numbers, and put a CGI script somewhere
that will return a sexpr of the eggs and their version numbers. We can
add release/X support later if this works for release/3.

Would this help?

Graham