Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:02:53 +0100

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > The version is given by the tag from which it is build, or, in the
>  > case of untagged eggs, the version given in the .setup script.  Once
>  > installed, you can list the versions with "chicken-setup -l".  It
>  > was always like this. Nothing has changed.
>
>  Wasn't it possible to tell the versions of all eggs without having to
>  install all eggs?

No. Look, I didn't change anything. It has grown that way and
I know it's fscking broken. I can't change it right now. In olden times
eggs had no tags (which could be used to extract version information).
For those untagged eggs it is currently not possible (and it never was)
to obtain the version information without looking into the .setup
script. Period. Sorry. I can't help it. This is how it is.

cheers,
felix