Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 03:05:51 +0000

On 2/8/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
Tony Sidaway wrote:

> It might be amusing to frame a GUI project as a challenge to Gambit or
> Bigloo programmers! :)

I threw down the gauntlet to the Steel Bank Common Lisp crowd a number
of months back.  I said their Windows build was lousy, and that we were
a year ahead of them.  I haven't checked on them lately.  I hope I don't
have to eat any crow?  Be careful who you challenge, you might have to
live up to it.

Chicken's build is, I agree, something to boast about.

But if somebody working on Gambit or Bigloo produces a really good GUI
for Scheme, I'll be happy to eat crow!