Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.

From: minh thu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:07:03 +0100

2007/2/8, Tony Sidaway <address@hidden>:
On 2/8/07, minh thu <address@hidden> wrote:

> So in your conception, accessing the event queue must be explicitly
> possible ? Usually, you can just provide a callback and wait for the
> system call it.

A translating dispatcher might be used for implementation, basically a
bit of glue code that listens to the native queue and translates to a
standard format, and for some higher level features such as
intercomponent communication a queuing system would be a good >feature.

I find it funny that it's something closer to CSP (or Erlang).
Since Chicken has lightweight multithreading, we could turn it into a
node (in Erlang terminology). In fact it's something I might be
interested in when I'll dig into Chicken's implementation.
Again sorry for my 'random' (Brandon would call it 'insane' :) ideas...
thu