Re: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:04:57 -0500

   I think even the most simple kind of Chicken/egg versioning would
go a long way.  For example, I can build easyffi and use it in Chicken
2.3 if I simply remove the -G option. So if chicken-setup supported
different build commands for different versions of Chicken, this would
make packaging Chicken code a whole lot easier. In my case, I want to
provide my software as Debian packages, and so I am stuck with
whatever version of Chicken is available in the current Debian stable
release.