Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:58:31 -0600

I haven't seen your code, but I think Thomas already answered this
when he said that (declare (uses ...)) is for static linking of object
(.o) files.  Are you linking against a static copy of the egg and of
libsqlite3.a, then?

On 11/11/06, elf <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Thomas Christian Chust wrote:

> the answer is "no" twice -- you commented out require-extension but
> replaced it by a series of use statements, which are nothing but
> synonyms for require-extension statements. And using both
> require-extension and a uses declaration on the same symbol makes no
> sense in any normal situation.

i think require-extension changed format or something, because the way that
it was defined in sqlite3 is not the same as ive seen it elsewhere.
futhermore, as you yourself said, uses doesnt do compiletime checking.  putting
the use in front of the declare forces checking without impacting anything
else.