Re: [Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed.. Mingw install?

From: Bob McIsaac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed.. Mingw install?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:56:01 -0500

1. QNX4 .. it's a robust RTOS
2. http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/   ..?
3. http://www.fox-toolkit.org  .. I like it!
4. http://www.fltk.org/  .. works with Chicken, at least on Linux

There is some tendency in cross-platform projects to be compiler agnostic..
it depends upon the project design and interest of the designers.

Felix has already stated that he cannot manage Windows compile and test.
Therefore, it would have to be done by other volunteers.  As for requests
to use a specific compiler or tool, it is up to the volunteers to say yay or
nay.  Let's not get distracted by debating a compiler or specific OS,
which the project managers, whoever they are, are not willing to support.

Cheers,
-BobMc-

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

I have never encountered Watcom on my various open source food chains. I don't claim to have tried all problem domains; rather, my interests have been narrowly focused on (1) 3D game development on Windows, (2) high performance languages. Is there some domain where Watcom has claims to fame?