Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: foreign-code

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: foreign-code
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:46:07 +0000

Hi Felix.

felix winkelmann wrote:
Because there seems to be a problem with SDL_Init on Mac OS X,
the call has to be done explicitly.
(BTW, Tony: couldn't that be handled more gracefully? Perhaps
a separate sdl_init.so library for those systems that allow it.)

The current release of the SDL egg has (sdl-init) defined for all platforms, with a comment in the source code warning about the MacOS X problem. (I've just added a paragraph to the README too, so that'll be in the next release.)

I guess it could be improved by only compiling in sdl-init on non-MacOS X platforms; is there an easy way of doing platform-specific conditional compilation with Chicken? (I suppose if not I could do a platform test at runtime.)

Cheers,
  Tony