Re: [Chicken-users] foreign-lambda?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] foreign-lambda?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:45:06 +0000

Hi Felix.

felix winkelmann wrote:
That sdl.egg works fine for me (BTW, you said something about hygienic
mode and heap-nodes, but you are probably talking about a different
piece of code than the sdl egg).

Oops - yes, I got confused about the highlevel macros: the SDL support code itself doesn't use them, but the little sdl-csi program does; the heap-nodes, though, are part of the SDL timer implementation.

It is possible that you have been bitten by a bootstrapping issue.

Thank you! You're right - that fixes it. I simply recompiled my current darcs checkout in place (after doing a full clean and manually removing all *.c files (except runtime.c of course)) and now the SDL egg compiles and runs fine.

Even though I can not exactly point out the problem, some SRFI-13 macros
have moved from srfi-13-syntax.scm into chicken-more-macros.scm and
compiling srfi-13.scm while building the system with an older chicken
will result in unbound references to the respective macros found normally
in srfi-13-syntax.scm.

Some srfi-13-related problem does seem like a likely explanation. While I was waiting for chicken to rebootstrap itself, I dusted off my old docscm tool, which uses srfi-13, and while it compiled OK it died with that same error ("Error: call of non-procedure: #<unbound value>") when I ran it. Recompiling with the newly bootstrapped chicken, everything works fine.

Regards,
  Tony