[Chicken-users] Debugging extension, how does it work

From: Michael Erdmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] Debugging extension, how does it work
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:26:33 +0200

Hallo *,

i have a problem that some where in my code there is an exception
thrown. After i have included the following statements in the
code of the main driver

(require-extension debug)

(debug (util::option?  "--debug"))

where option? returns #t if the option is set i get the dialog
as shown below. When i am setting a break point after been
prompted and restarting, the breakpoint is not matched,

address@hidden:.../src> slint --debug --trace=10 test

Scheme Lexcical Interpreter (SLINT) Version 0.1.0
Copyright (C) 2004 Michael Erdmann

[debug] Runtime error_________________________________

(exn arity)

Error: bad argument count - received 1 but expected 0

(call stack empty)
#;debug> ,break tables::get
0: tables::get
#;debug> ,restart
(exn arity)

Error: too few arguments - received 0 but expected 1
#;debug>

But i am sure that the top level function tables::get is
called! I am realy wondering how i can use the debugger
to catch such problems!

Regards
   M.Erdmann