[Chicken-users] returning multiple values

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] returning multiple values
Date: 10 Dec 2002 03:45:56 +0100

Hi all,

it's 3:40 a.m. maybe I should not write right now.  Anyway, the topic
bothers me quite a while now.

I'm not at all sure how functions should return multiple values.  I
understand that the returned values are somehow equivalent to
returning some structure.  Hence chickens behavior appears to be
correct, when it complains about continuations, which can not receive
multiple values.  At the other hand I did not research now, how other
scheme implementations behave.  I do however have a lot of rscheme
code, which I want to port to chicken and there missing values are
assumed as #f and superflous values are silently discarded.  This
makes it somehow easier to write.

What suggestions are out there?  Would it at all be a good idea to
support such behavior in chicken?

Best regards

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.