Re: [certi-dev] RTI Ambassador Throwing Possible Exception

From: David Come
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] RTI Ambassador Throwing Possible Exception
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 21:48:54 -0700

Hi Doug.

Le 28/05/2015 20:36, Doug a écrit :

I've been having problems compiling CERTI with some more current c++ compilers including GCC and Clang. Both complain that my class (which includes an instance of RTIambassador) is possibly throwing an exception when, by default, it shouldn't --- the exception of interest happens in the RTIambassador destructor:

RTI::RTIambassador::~RTIambassador()
throw (RTI::RTIinternalError)

From everything I've read, it's 'bad form' to possibly throw exceptions in destructor's.

It is bad because if you are already stack unwinding froma previous exception, then if a destructor throws another exception, then which one to chose ? The default behaiour is a call to terminate (or abort). Anyway, no way to get the program on its feets if this were to happen.
Is there an easy 'fix' to resolving this problem?

Dont be standard compliant with HLA ?
Thanks,
Doug

David.