[certi-dev] RTI Ambassador Throwing Possible Exception

From: Doug
Subject: [certi-dev] RTI Ambassador Throwing Possible Exception
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 23:36:36 -0400

I've been having problems compiling CERTI with some more current c++ compilers including GCC and Clang. Both complain that my class (which includes an instance of RTIambassador) is possibly throwing an exception when, by default, it shouldn't --- the exception of interest happens in the RTIambassador destructor:

RTI::RTIambassador::~RTIambassador()
throw (RTI::RTIinternalError)

From everything I've read, it's 'bad form' to possibly throw exceptions in destructor's.

Is there an easy 'fix' to resolving this problem?

Thanks,
Doug