Re: [certi-dev] Certi HLA1516 - compiling CERTI with XML support - Error

From: Waléria Antunes David
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Certi HLA1516 - compiling CERTI with XML support - Error
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:47:05 -0300

Hi,

Answering this question...

0) Type and version of your host: Linux Debian 6 - 64bits or Windows 7 32bits
    - I'm using WindowsXP

1) CERTI version you use: x.y.z or CVS or etc....
    - I'm using CERTI-3.4.0-Source

2) Compiler type and version you use: Visual Studio 2011 Express, gcc 4.6.3,
    - I'm using Visual Studio 9 2008

3) CMake version (if the issue seems to come from CMake)
    - CMake 2.8.10.2

Thanks,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Eric Noulard <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/4/24 Waléria Antunes David <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding the compilation Certi, I did a more organized way.

This is a good way to go.
Please provide us with your software configutation:

0) Type and version of your host: Linux Debian 6 - 64bits or Windows 7 32bits
1) CERTI version you use: x.y.z or CVS or etc....
2) Compiler type and version you use: Visual Studio 2011 Express, gcc 4.6.3,
3) CMake version (if the issue seems to come from CMake)

> Made as follows:
> - Unzipped to C: \ CERTI_3.4.0
> - Then I created the directories CERTI_3.4.0_build (binaries) and
> CERTI_3.4.0_install (directory where you will be installing)
> But still, he manages to install .dll and .h ... but it still does not
> compile everything completely. See please:
>
> 17>CMake Error at libCERTI/cmake_install.cmake:
> 44 (FILE):
> 17>  file INSTALL cannot find
> 17>  "C:/CERTI_3.4.0/CERTI_3.4.0_build/Debug/CERTId.dll".
> ========== Build: 7 succeeded, 10 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I don't think this is the first error, this one means the CERTId.dll library
has not been built, you must have some other error before that.

> What can it be? What am I doing wrong?

From this I don't know.
First,
 unless you have good reason not to do so I suggest you always use
most up-to-date CERTI. You seem to be using 3.4.0 which is not
the latest CERTI version.

1) Latest source tarball in this case 3.4.1 is the latest release
    http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/CERTI-3.4.1-Source.tar.gz

2) CVS version directly
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=certi
    If you don't have CVS access you can try beta snapshot source in
    http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/beta/

---
http://www.le-message.org