Re: [certi-dev] Fédéré Interactif in Win7 + VS20 08

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Fédéré Interactif in Win7 + VS20 08
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:20:32 +0200

2012/4/27 REGUEIRO Jon <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed CERTI v3.4.0 in my computer (Win7 + VS2008) and I am having
> problems to build the federate called "Fédéré interactif".
>
> I have defined the environment variables for CERTI in my machine and I have
> added the path "%CERTI_HOME%\include" in Visual Studio in different ways.
> However, it seems not to find the .hh files.
>
> "1>fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'RTI.hh' : No
> such file or directory"
>
> After changing the following code and putting directly the header files in
> the Visual Studio Project directory, VS shows errors inside the CERTI header
> files.

This is really not a good idea to do that, you should find a way to configure
your Visual Studio project in order to make it find the header where they are.

> I have changed this part of the code just writting " " instead of < >.
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "RTI.hh"
> #include "fedtime.hh"
> #include "NullFederateAmbassador.hh"

This shouldn't be the reason for your error.

> Does anyone know something about this? Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.
You should not put CERTI header inside VS project tree.
What you should do is:

1) Compile CERTI and install it where you want
    see:
    http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/Install/html/index.html

2) Setup  a Visual Studio project (the one which contains
   "fédéré interactif") such that you can link to
    CERTI libraries and use CERTI public header from
    where they are.

For step 2) you can either setup your Visual Studio project manually
or you may write a CMakeLists.txt and use CMake in order to generate
the project file (in the same way it is done for CERTI itself).

This simple HLA project uses CMake:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_Tutorial/?root=certi

You may find information about CMake principle here:
https://github.com/TheErk/CMake-tutorial/blob/master/CMake-tutorial-8feb2012.pdf?raw=true

http://www.le-message.org