Re: [certi-dev] CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3

From: Cindy Yang
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:39:06 +0800

Hi, Eric Noulard:
Thanks for your help. The problem does not occur when I compile with VS2005.
>I would be surprised if this was the case because all source
>file are listed explicitly in CMakeLists.txt.
>Nevertheless you may be right, can you have a look at this:
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181506
>and try to do what's indicated here.
I tried as above, but it still doesn't do the right thing. The error messages comes as:
--'min' is not a member of 'std' , etc.
Maybe there are some conficts when compiling *.cc.

>You've shown us a single error in the log, what is the second?
 One error is error LNK2001, and the other is error LNK1120.

Anyway, I will go on with VS2005.
Thxs.
Regards
CindyYang

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:53:01 +0200
From: Eric Noulard <address@hidden>
To: CERTI development discussions <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] could not compile .cc error

2012/4/25 Cindy Yang <address@hidden>:
> Hello
> When I compile CERTI-3.4.0-source with VC6, the error of "error
> LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mainCRTStartup
> '" occurs. It seems that the *.ccfiles in the source are not
> recognized as C++ files and then not compiled.

I would be surprised if this was the case because all source
file are listed explicitly in CMakeLists.txt.
Nevertheless you may be right, can you have a look at this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181506
and try to do what's indicated here.

That said we did not compile CERTI on VC6 for ages so may be there is
problem here.
Do you need to stick with VC6? Can't you upgrade to something more up to date?
(even the free VC Express should be able to compile CERTI), VC6 was
released in 1998
which begins to be old.
I'm not saying that the problem is due to VC6 but I'll be unable to
reproduce it.

Anyone here compiling CERTI with VC6 recently?

I'm pretty Visual Studio 2003 and up do not exhibit the not compile
".cc" trouble.

> I do install CMake,
> flex, bison and other tools as it says in CERTI installation

That part looks ok since you were able to run CMake and configure the source
properly.

> documentation. I do not know which compiler is responsible for it, or
> how to configure it.
> Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.
> The error messages are:
>

> --------------------Configuration: HLA - Win32 Debug--------------------
> Building Custom Rule C:/pro/CERTI-3.4.0-Source/libHLA/CMakeLists.txt
> -- No build type selected, default to Debug
> -- Configuring CERTI version 3.4.0
> -- Some X11 header were not found: Billard Test Application will not have GUI.
> -- Looking for lex...
> -- Looking for lex... - found lex is C:/unix/usr/local/wbin/flex.exe
> -- Looking for yacc...
> -- Looking for yacc... - found yacc is C:/unix/usr/local/wbin/bison.exe
> -- libRTI variant: HLA 1.3 NG
> -- libRTI variant: HLA 1516
> -- RPM tools not available on Win32 systems
> -- *** CERTI for WIN32 has been successfully configured ********
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: C:/pro
> Compiling...
> sha1.c
> C:\pro\CERTI-3.4.0-Source\libHLA\sha1.c(135) : warning C4244: '=' :
> conversion from 'unsigned __int32 ' to 'unsigned __int8 ', possible
> loss of data
[...]
> C:\pro\CERTI-3.4.0-Source\libHLA\sha1.c(384) : warning C4244: '=' :
> conversion from 'unsigned __int32 ' to 'unsigned __int8 ', possible
> loss of data
> Linking...

The previous warning are annoying but harmless since sha1 hash
function is not currently used.

> ? Creating library C:\pro\Debug/HLAd.lib and object C:\pro\Debug/HLAd.exp

and the library is properly created.