Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:25:22 +0200

Am 30.08.2011 20:35, schrieb Eric Noulard:
> 2011/8/30 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently developing a federate for X-Plane.
> Nice.
> May be you would be interested to know that a prototype X-Plane
> plugins already exists
> as a CERTI contribution:
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/XPlaneHLAPlugin/?root=certi
>
> You could checkout the code from CERTI cvs repository
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/certi co
> applications/XPlaneHLAPlugin

Yes, I'd know this, and I checked it out, too. But on the one hand, I
wasn't able to compile it (Windows), and on the other hand I didn't
understand what the plugin does. It seems very complex, and is not
documented at all. Beside this, I need a more flexible and configurable
approach. We have already implemented a configurable federate with a
very simple to use API for another Federate, and currently my intention
is simply to re-use this.

> moreover virtual air project have an XPlane HLA interface too:
> http://virtualair.sourceforge.net/x-plane.html
I didn't know this, but I will have a look at it, thanks.

>> The plugin is already
>> starting up, but I can't create the RTIAmbassador. I get the following
>> message:
>> ERROR: Unable to create RTI ambassador: 'libRTI: Network Read Error
>> waiting RTI reply'
> [...]
>

>> CERTI::Exception [NetworkError - reason=Error while receiving UN message.
>> libRTI: exception: NetworkError (read)
>> UN Socket(EmettreUN) : : No error
> Looks like the RTIA is not responding to its federate (libRTI call
> send message to RTIA)
>
> [...]
>> The RTIG gives no further output.
> Which is normal since the problem is occuring before that in the chain
>
> federate---1--->LibRTI---2--->RTIA---3--->RTIG
>
> problem occurs in step 2.
Yes I know this, I just wanted to state that 3 does not happen.

>> The interesting thing is, that I use the same code in another federate
>> (not x-Plane), and there it works without problems.
>>
>> Do you have an idea, what the problem could be?
> Yes may be that in the context of XPlane plugin the rtia executable may
> not be found in the path?
In the process explorer I can see, that the RTIA is started up, but then
it is exits very quickly again. But I think too, that it could be
something in the path. I tested to put rtia and associated libs to
different paths, but without success.
> By the way:
>
> 1) Which version of CERTI are you using ?
A CVS version with the patches provided by Christoph Läsche.

> 2) On which platform ?
Windows XP
> 3) Did you compile CERTI from source or did you use some binary?
I compiled it from source with mingw (GCC 4.5.0)

I will now check if the path provided within xplane is different from
the one I have normally.

Kind regards
JPO

--
Dipl. Inform. Jan-Patrick Osterloh
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transport
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 97 22-524/502
E-Mail: address@hidden