Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:35:53 +0200

2011/8/30 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently developing a federate for X-Plane.

Nice.
May be you would be interested to know that a prototype X-Plane
plugins already exists
as a CERTI contribution:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/XPlaneHLAPlugin/?root=certi

You could checkout the code from CERTI cvs repository
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/certi co
applications/XPlaneHLAPlugin

moreover virtual air project have an XPlane HLA interface too:
http://virtualair.sourceforge.net/x-plane.html

> The plugin is already
> starting up, but I can't create the RTIAmbassador. I get the following
> message:
> ERROR: Unable to create RTI ambassador: 'libRTI: Network Read Error
> waiting RTI reply'

[...]

> CERTI::Exception [NetworkError - reason=Error while receiving UN message.
> libRTI: exception: NetworkError (read)
> UN Socket(EmettreUN) : : No error

Looks like the RTIA is not responding to its federate (libRTI call
send message to RTIA)

[...]
> The RTIG gives no further output.

Which is normal since the problem is occuring before that in the chain

federate---1--->LibRTI---2--->RTIA---3--->RTIG

problem occurs in step 2.

> The interesting thing is, that I use the same code in another federate
> (not x-Plane), and there it works without problems.
>
> Do you have an idea, what the problem could be?

Yes may be that in the context of XPlane plugin the rtia executable may
not be found in the path?

By the way:

1) Which version of CERTI are you using ?
2) On which platform ?
3) Did you compile CERTI from source or did you use some binary?

http://www.april.org