Re: [certi-devel] new to certi

From: Benoît Bréholée
Subject: Re: [certi-devel] new to certi
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:36:54 +0100

"Sherif Abd El-Momen" <address@hidden> writes:

>   I am new to HLA and CERTI. I have downloaded CERTI and installed it
> with no problems on suse 9.
> when never I type "certi-start" or "grti"  I recive the following massage
>
> address@hidden:~/HLA/certi-3.1/test/Billard> certi-start
> CERTI RTIG 3.1 - Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004  ONERA
> This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> SocketUDP: Bind: Cannot assign requested address
> RTIG: exception: NetworkError -- Exiting.

We have had a similar question on the list recently :
   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2004-12/msg00001.html

You may have to change port values if a previous rtig process didn't
finished correctly.

> I made sure that environment variable CERTI_HOST is set to localhost.
>
> I would like it if you gave detail step by step procedure for runing
> the example.

Try http://www.cert.fr/CERTI/install.en.html but note that this page
is outdated, the last table should read :

1    rtig
2    billard -fTest -n1
3    billard -fTest -n2
4    billard -fTest -n3