[Ccrtp-devel] Understanding GPL and ccRTP

From: George A. Papayiannis
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Understanding GPL and ccRTP
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:58:42 -0400

Hi,

I apologize for asking a question like this on a developers list, but
I'm running out of options in understanding the implications of GPL on
ccRTP.  I know that GPL requires all derivative works of GPL'd code
must be GPL'd also.  But in the case of ccRTP, I would be using this
code as a transport to a larger application.

The question is, if I create a client/server application which uses
ccRTP as the transport, do I need to license the entire client/server
application under GPL?

If anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
George