[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:49:07 +0100
I just got your free software csplit.exe.
I just need a tool like this.
I have a work to do:
- i have a text-fil from IBM mainframe on 40mb.
- the file include about 5000 smaller files.
- i want to split the big file into 5000 small files.
- every small file have a special PATTERN as the first row.
- i have tried to run csplit.exe in many ways but i can not find the
right configuration for this case.
- i have read the help text and in this it says that to use "*" to
repeat PATTERN:s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i con not get it work.
- so please send me an answer.
I just send this message today with an other E-mail address.
I work as an IT-technical form ICL Invia AB Sweden.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- About Csplit.exe,
Jonsson Ulf <=