bna-farsilinux

Re: [FarsiLinux] good news from anaconda !

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [FarsiLinux] good news from anaconda !
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:02:47 +0300

On Sunday 27 July 2003 03:34, Zoup wrote:
> hi guys ;)
>
> take a look at Anaconda page ( http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/ )
> and get anaconda from  download directory (
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS ) downlaod
> srpms!:) i guess we can use it :)

Someone should update me on what is going on here. It seems my two week
absence has costed more than I expected.

What are we now looking for exactly. I thought we were looking to modify
an existing distro's installer, and add farsi support to it.

Now, you guys are talking about Anaconda. I know that Anaconda is a
installer (great deal of distros use it), but I don't underestand what
use does it have for us? Are we going to write our own installer now?
Are we looking to modify an existing one (anaconda) ? Or are we just to
customize an already available distro and add farsi to it?

Zoup, or any of the Arashes, I would love it if any of you could brief
me on what was discussed in your previous meeting on this matter.

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.