Re: [be] request to move the focus up

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] request to move the focus up
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:55:26 +0200

Hi Phil,

I hope that your experiments with Door43.org work well. It would be
helpful if this system would be usable for Bible translation work. The
USFM extension sounds interesting.

I do no longer feel attached to or attracted to either Bibledit-Gtk or
Bibledit-Web, or indeed any programming work. Just doing the necessary
parts. We still use Bibledit-* in our two translation projects, and we
have not moved to Paratext.

If Paratext would be ported to Linux, that would be a helpful
development. People on Linux would then have a wider variety of choices
as to which translation software they use and which suits them best in
their own circumstances. There is FieldWorks too, running on Linux now.

In the Lord,

Teus