[be] Re: Compiling Bibledit on MacOS X - again

From: Mark Duling
Subject: [be] Re: Compiling Bibledit on MacOS X - again
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:37:36 -0800

Teus,

Macports can fetch from git, but I’ve not done it and I’m not very familiar with git.  I’ll try experimenting when I get a chance.  If I can fix a revision level to fetch so I can still checksum it would be good.  Unstable downloads are frowned upon.

Mark

A new release is not planned to be coming so soon. The current code is
available from the git repository. See
http://www.nongnu.org/bibledit/development.html for details on how to
obtain this code. This code no longer requires chmsee.

If it is not possible for macports to obtain code from the git
repository, I can then supply a tarball and upload it somewhere. Let me
know what you need in this regard.

There's no special patch for the Makefile.am or the configure.ac unless
one was going to dig around in the git repository. But this could be
tricky since I didn't pay special attention to making a clean commit.

Teus.