RE: [be] OSIS format paragraph question

From: johnduffy
Subject: RE: [be] OSIS format paragraph question
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:58:12 +0100

Daniel,

It's a bit more difficult to resolve the <p> issue that I thought.  Regular
expressions do not allow crossing a new line.  Also, it appears that it is
not just a case of swapping two groups, but sometimes three as in the
example below where <verse eID="Gen.1.19"/> should not just go before <p>
but before the </p> in front of that.

     <verse sID="Gen.1.19" osisID="Gen.1.19"/>
 Ba shin an ceathrú lá, an nóin agus an mhaidin. </p>
     <verse eID="Gen.1.19"/>
     <verse sID="Gen.1.20" osisID="Gen.1.20"/>

I've tried using Macros in Notepad++ and jedit, but neither work properly.
I'm also afraid of using a macro globally on the likes of this, as there
might be cases where it should be different (e.g. no </p> immediately so it
finds the next one further up the file).  Do you have any suggestions or
thoughts, as I'm a bit stuck on this at present.

Also, I notice that Bibledit does not preserve poetry formatting but
converts it all to paragraphs when exporting to OSIS, while it all looks
good and as expected when viewed as USFM, both poetry and new paragraphs.
Is this intended?

John Duffy