[be] Re: [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content managers

From: Nathan Miles
Subject: [be] Re: [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content managers
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:13:31 -0800

The requester himself should consider carefully his motives. If they are
solely about "support" then this is probably best addressed by having a
carefully considered and documented structure and specification, which would
make independent faithful implementation simple - as long as no deliberate or
careless quirks are introduced in the "other" implementation.
I guess this is Teus speaking here.

In order to "carefully consider and document" this internal data structure I would have to decide
what other task(s) is going to be left undone.

If I had time I could give you a long argument about
about the long list of tasks I have which feel to me to be of more value to the user community than this task. That too would require leaving some other task undone.

If there were a legal reason for you to not write to a complicated data structure produced by P7 I would "demand" you not do that. As it is I can only "request" and state that in my opinion the advantages of trying to share the P7 repository in its current state are enormously outweighed
by the costs of doing so.

I have tried to state this opinion in the least offensive way possible
I would appreciate you stating yours in the same way and leave off speculation concerning my "motives".

Nathan