Re: [be] spell dictionaries where?

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] spell dictionaries where?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:29:54 +0200

Hi Phil,

I must honestly say that I haven't looked into the locations where Enchant looks for spelling dictionaries. When pressing the Add button in the Dictionaries dialog, Bibledit just queries Enchant, and if Enchant finds dictionaries, then these are listed there. If Enchant does not find them, then these are not listed. Probably another mailing list could help you further with this.

Words that are added are best stored in the user dictionary called "Project <name> Shared Dictionary". If a project is called for example "Indonesian", then the name of this dictionary will be "Project Indonesian Shared Dictionary". This one should be added with the "Add" button in the Dictionaries dialog.

Regards,

Teus.

oreo wrote:
Hi Teus,

I am trying to turn on spell checking in Indonesian for my project. I have an Indonesian spelling dictionary that should be compatible. It is used by Openoffice, and is stored in .openoffice2/user/wordbook. The name is id_ID.dic.

According to Bibledit.org help, Bibledit should find the dictionary when clicking the Add button. It doesn't find it. Where are the Enchant dictionaries installed? And will words that I add to the dictionary be added to id_ID.dic, or can I specify a user dictionary that will hold more recently added words?