[be] Savanah and communicating

From: oreo
Subject: [be] Savanah and communicating
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:26:28 +0700

Teus,

Somewhere along the line, probably when I was out of contact because of being on a trip, I probably missed a transition in how we Bibledit users are supposed to communicate with you. Are we supposed to post all messages about Bibledit, no matter what the question, at the Savannah site?

I seem to remember that we should no longer send messages directly to nongnu.org. Is that right?

Compiling Bibledit: I used to be able to go into my bibledit directory and in a terminal type git --reset and git pull to get the newest nightly build. Right around the time 3.4 came out, I switched computers twice. I copied my bibledit directory onto my new computer. When I give git commands, the terminal responds that this directory is not a git repository. What have I done wrong?

When I compiled BE from the download at Savannah, I expected that I might find a bibledit directory inside of there following compiling. But nothing was there either. When I execute git commands from the 3.4 directory, I also receive the same error that it is not a git repository.

The computer workshops begins on Monday and lasts for 5 days. I hope you can give me an answer so I can tell people how to upgrade when they have an Internet connection.

Is there a way a .deb file could be made? -- one that could download and install needed dependencies?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil & Gale Fields