Re: [be] libcurl? and two other things

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] libcurl? and two other things
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:15:19 +0200

Hi Phil,

oreo wrote:
1. I tried to upgrade to the latest build. First I had to upgrade libgkthtml. Then it is asking for libcurl3, saying 7.00 is needed. But I have 7.18.0-1ubuntu2 installed. You don't want the dbg part installed, do you?
Please help so that I can get any new goodies you have worked on.
There should be a -dev version that will do the trick. It would be called "libcurl3<something>-dev". About new goodies, there is only loss at present, because the resources are being reworked, and the old already has gone but the new does not work yet. The intention is to get rid of a couple of crashes and also to make it work on OLPC, Macintosh, etc.
2. I am unsure how to communicate with you now that you have made this a Savanah project. Should I only send e-mail to nongnu.org? Or is that even the right address anymore? Should I continue to send to your own e-mail?
Yes, it is fine to send to nongnu.org, no special need to send to my own email. It actually is good to send to the list so that other people subscribed to it also get to see the problems that are there, and their solutions.

3. I would like to open communication again to see if you can help us with our web documents in GoogleDocs (formerly these were wiki docs). I will probably need to send things in html format so that you can see what I mean. Mailing to the group scrubs all of my content, except if people click on a link. How should I communicate with you on this?
Probably straight to my email address is fine. One of the new things that help you is the ability to import raw text. Most likely a bit of polishing up to have it work with GoogleDocs will do a bit of what you need. Right now we use it when a typist types an existing Bible for us, in preparation for its revision. She just types as one would normally do in paragraphs as printed. Then it is a matter of pasting the text, make a change here and there, and to import it.

BE has occasionally had a lapse of becoming W I D E again.
The problem with thinking that it needs to refresh the project, as if someone else is working on it, sometimes still occurs, even though I unchecked to use git.
Will you be able to indicate when it becomes wide, which actions trigger it?

Will you be able to show the System log for Git after it says it needs to refresh the project? That may help to track down the cause.

Thanks,

Teus.