[be] [task #8017] use/allow xetex as formatter

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8017] use/allow xetex as formatter
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 04:41:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #15, task #8017 (project bibledit):

Thank you, Dennis, for the extra information. I´ll have a look at ptxplus,
but in the mean time I'll just stick with ptx2pdf and get that working
properly. If anything is still missing after that, or if user start asking for
more, it would then be the time to look beyond ptx2pdf. It is good to hear
that you undertake building such more advanced typesetting solutions, in
particular when that saves millions of pages.

On the data storage form required for ptx2pdf, book files instead of chapter
files, that is not a big deal. Bibledit will use a staging area where all
XeTeX related stuff goes, plus the usfm data exported from bibledit in the
format of one book per file. The advantage of this staging area is that the
user, if he wants, could experiment a bit there, without touching the main
data files.

Thanks for your offer to help. Right now things go well, but when it hits a
snag help is appreciated.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8017>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/