Re: [be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation env

From: Birch Champeon
Subject: Re: [be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation environment
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:40:19 -0500

WOW - I just discovered Google Translator Toolkit.  http://translate.google.com/toolkit/list?hl=en#translations/active .  It is a text translation tool.  You upload a source text and then Google breaks the text into segments. Google says the segments are typically sentences.  It's built for collaboration with Google chat in the side column.

 The problem is that you have to select a target language.  I'm not sure why since you can create a custom "translation memory" - which is like google's xml source target database.  None of my target languages are listed of course.  You can also upload a CSV glossary.

Here's the help: http://translate.google.com/support/toolkit/