[be] Re: [LinuxUser] [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content m

From: Kahunapule Michael Johnson
Subject: [be] Re: [LinuxUser] [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content managers
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:07:54 +1000

Teus Benschop wrote:
This changes the situation. There is one person who voted for this
feature by submitting a request to implement it, and now there is a
second vote, which is against. I believe that we need more votes on this
topic before a decision can be made to either cancel this feature
request or continue the pursuit to have it implemented. Parties may have
to give reasons as well why they vote for or against.

It seems to me that it won't matter how many votes you get for this feature if one of them isn't from Nathan Miles.

However, if Bibledit and Paratext both support USFM, it seems to me that it should be possible and desirable to build our own heterogeneous environment collaboration repository tool that worked with both programs (and any others that use USFM). The result would be maybe a bit less smooth for Paratext users, but it would not burden Nathan with compatibility issues as much. (He would still have to deal with any issues that might be caused by deviations from the USFM specification, but since his input into that spec is predominant, I don't expect much of that.)

Shalom,
Michael