Re: [be] Re: [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content managers

From: Peter von Kaehne
Subject: Re: [be] Re: [task #8022] interoperabillity with other content managers
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:39:12 +0000

Nathan Miles wrote:
> Teus,
>
> I am specifically requesting that you not implement this feature...so it
> would seem inappropriate for me to forward you a beta version to
> facilitate you implementing this feature.

Given that the inability to use the same repository could be a serious
impediment to choose the best tool for each person concerned and the
inability of Paratext to run natively on a free platform, I think this
"specific request" should be ignored. It is infuriating and appears
inappropriate to make.

The requester himself should consider carefully his motives. If they are
solely about "support" then this is probably best addressed by having a
carefully considered and documented structure and specification, which
would make independent faithful implementation simple - as long as no
deliberate or careless quirks are introduced in the "other" implementation.

Unless there are legal reasons to do so, please ignore this "specific
request" Teus.

AFIACT Reverse engineering is specifically allowed in Eropean
legislations. But IANAL etc.

Peter