[be] [task #8623] Combined Outline Navigator

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8623] Combined Outline Navigator
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:48:20 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, task #8623 (project bibledit):

Hi Teus,

Thanks for the address of Phil, I will contact him

Concerning the Outline tool:
This is a good idea to move it from the outline area in the tools area to
somewhere else.
The GoTo dialog box (Ctrl+G) is an interesting place, I did not think of.
I had in mind to put it on the BE toolbar.
As the reference tool (book/chapter/verse) is also in the GoTo dialog box and
on the toolbar, why not to put the outline tools also on both?

I try to make the (same) outline tool work for the
- project (in the text area)
- project notes (in the project notes area) and the
- resources (in the tools/resource area).

Perhaps this is a little bit to ambitious, but it would be great to have a
common tool who could navigate the three.

I have finished a write-up for the outline tool, but found out that
- project notes are not necessary tree-structured (overlap possible) and
- references of higher units cross the chapter level
So I am in the process of integrating those two things into the outline
tool.
It is coming - with the help of the Lord - I am looking forward to it, if
this is possible to make it work in BE.

Greetings
Wolfgang

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8623>