[Bayonne-devel] SIP call transfter operation now working

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] SIP call transfter operation now working
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:32:44 -0500

I did get to test sip transfer call transfer, and did get it to work with a few simple changes, which will be part of the next release (.10).

If you do a transfer to an "extension", it transfers through the originating proxy, unless overriden in the config. You can also transfer to an arbitrary sip uri.

When transfer happens, bayonne drops out of the call (hangs up the channel), so the bayonne timeslot is free. This is commonly called a blind transfer.

I have only tested "success" modes so far, so I need to test and possibly fix various possible "failure" modes prior to release.

Alexandre BOULANGER wrote:
Hi,

Maybe you can give a try to the 'transfer' command

from scripting doc:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnutelephony/script.pdf?download

"transfer <number>
Transfer the call to another location, and then hangup."

I've never tried this, but would be interested in any feedback if I
could easily use such a feature in my scripts