Re: [Bayonne-devel] Mysql database connections

From: Etoile Dièse
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Mysql database connections
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:27:58 +0200

Le Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:41:59 +0200, Michel Think <address@hidden> a écrit:

Hello,

To connect to a single database,  I put my parameters in the
bayonne.conf file as follow:
[sql]
database = xxxxx
user = abcd
password = aelkfhlzkefjl
host = localhost

But, how  can I connect to several databases? (except using TGI) or
must I use TGI?

Thanks you

The SQL syntax allows you to execute query on a specific database : for example :

select * from otherDatabase.AtableName where ...

The only thing to take care of is that it will be executed WITH the user defined in bayonne.conf, so this user will need to have the rights to access to "otherDatabase". (when you don't specify a database name, the one defined in bayonne.conf is used).
Cheers

FdR/ED

--
Etoile Dièse - www.etoilediese.com