Re: [Bayonne-devel] Problems about loop structures

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Problems about loop structures
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:38:41 -0500

In general currently used versions of libccscript do not have automatic stack management, hence, if one uses things like gotos or has ^events happen within a loop, the interpreter stack frame is not immediately recovered unless pop is explicitly used. The testing branch has automatic stack management, where the stack is flattened for a goto or event handler regardless of how many frames deep in a loop one is, and so it generally does this very well. Automatic stack management will also be part of a future libccscript distribution.

Dmitry Agafonov wrote:
Hello! Happy New Year!

I can confirm some strange behaviour with loop structures (1.2.11).
It seems that (at least) stack errors occures sometimes - use ^error handler to see what happens. Bayonne interpreter stops, hangs or behave inadequately with goto or other instructions...
I mean long-duration calls with hundreds of branch events per single call.

So I _do not use_ loop structures in production...