Re: [Bayonne-devel] Multiple party conference

From: Dmitry Agafonov
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Multiple party conference
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:19:47 +0400

Richard Stade wrote:

Hi there,

Has anyone implemented multiple party conference (ie
more than 2 persons) on any of the drivers?

Q1) Was "join" intended only for 2 party joins?
Q2) In order to do conferencing, are we meant just to
enhance the "join" command's syntax/parameters, or to
create a new command call "conf"?
There must be a special hardware for this...
And I think bayonne is not ready for this for now.

I have an idea of how to implement this (software join):

[caller] - <physical channel> - [ Bayonne h/w driver] - JOIN -\
[caller] - <physical channel> - [ Bayonne h/w driver] - JOIN --+-- [Bayonne virtual driver]
[caller] - <physical channel> - [ Bayonne h/w driver] - JOIN -/

i.e. one need to implement multi-join-capable virtual driver.

Any recommendations, anyone?

Thanks.

Richard.