RE: [Axiom-math] Re: texmacs

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] Re: texmacs
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 04:14:06 -0500

On January 25, 2006 8:00 PM yigal wrote:

> I believe I followed the directions given bellow.  The only
> problem with this tm_axiom is that I don't get output except
> for graphics.   That is:
> first prompt
> -> x
> ->
> i.e. next line is a new prompt with no output?
> The good news is that draw() does work
> -> draw(x,x=0..5)
> produces the Axiom graphic panel.
>
> If you have time attached is my altered tm_axiom.c file.

Your modifications look fine and they work for me. The new
tm_axiom.c file compiles and installs with no errors:

  1) copy altered tm_axiom.c file into

     cp tm_axiom.c ~/TeXmacs-1.0.6-src/plugins/axiom/src

  2) compile

     cd ~/TeXmacs-1.0.6-src/plugins/axiom
     make

  3) install new file

     sux -c 'cp bin/tm_axiom /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs/bin'

Did you do something similar to this?

--------

When I run 'texmacs' and Insert/Session/Axiom, I see the
red -> prompt plus an Axiom Hypertex window appears (which
I ignore).

I can enter

  -> x

and I see

     x                                          (1)

                                  Type: Variable x

When I enter

  -> draw(x,x=0..5)

an Axiom graphics window opens with the graph and the
following Axiom output appears in TeXmacs:

  Compiling /tmp/gazonk0.lsp
  End of Pass 1
  End of Pass 2
  OPTIMIZE levels ...
  Finished compiling ...
    Compiling function %B ...
    Graph data being transmitted ...
    AXIOM2D data being transmitted ...
  TwoDimensionalViewPort: "test"                    (2)

                   Type: TwoDimensionalViewport

  ->

-------

I can enter additional Axiom commands with no problem.

I can save the graph as a file by clicking on the graph
and then clicking the PS button.

In TeXmacs I can click Insert/Image/Insert Image
and select 'axiom2d.ps' and the image appears in the
TeXmacs document.

-------

Note: To get rid of the Hypertex window you can change
the line that starts axiom in tm_axiom.c to:

  execlp("axiom","axiom","-noclef","-noht",0);

-------

If you are still having problems, could you please
describe in more detail your steps and the specific
output that you see?

What versions of Axiom and TeXmacs are you using?

Regards,
Bill Page.