[bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers

From: mcudude
Subject: [bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 09:08:33 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #61624 (project avrdude):

Sorry for not creating this issue with my actual account. I totally forgot
that I had one! Anyways, I'm very excited about this, but also for the fact
that there finally is some work done to Avrdude. It is after all an invaluable
tool for SO many AVR developers!

Like I mentioned in the initial post, a DTR/RTS activity "indicator" will make
it possible to create versatile programmers, and probably make "-c serialupdi"
the preferred way for uploading to UPDI compatible AVRs, since the hardware is
cheap and probably OSHW, the speed is high and the Avrdude implementation
excellent!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61624>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/