Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3

From: Wayne Holder
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 01:52:59 -0700

> Did you “make clean” or otherwise clear out the directory at the same
time as you deleted /opt?

To completely resolve the build issue I had to completely remove the /opt
tree, then remove all references to it from my $PATH setting and, finally,
rebuild all the libraries I'd built with brew, as some of them had used the
tools in /opt (which were quite old.)  Frankly, that's one of things I
dislike about solutions like macPorts and brew is that it can be hard to
know just exactly what is going on under the hood when you invoked one of
these automated build scripts.  I'm also not that skilled with using the
command line to do things, which tends to lead to panic, or despair when
something doesn't work.

Wayne