Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3

From: Wayne Holder
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:43:08 -0700

Thanks for trying to help me.

When I run the command you suggested:

> /bin/sh ./ylwrap lexer.l lex.yy.c lexer.c -- flex

I get an immediate  "gm4 had quit unexpectedly" message and no other
response on the command line.  And, when I then run configure and make, I
get the same result as before.  I also tried running brew to install flex,
byacc and bison and then retried the configure and make, but that also
produced no change.  Trying to use brew to install lex, but got

Error: No available formula with the name "lex"

> You'll probably need the patches mentioned by David Mosberger.

Which build should I download to get these patches?  Also, any thought on
how to a fix the "quit unexpectedly" messages?

Wayne