[avrdude-dev] FT232RQ pinout question

From: Ing. Daniel Rozsnyó
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FT232RQ pinout question
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 10:17:49 +0100

Hi all,
is there a limitation on how can I use the serial port pins for ISP programming in the FT232R ?

I will use an 244 tri-state gate, so the pins wont be normally driven, I suppose the FTDI chip has some pull up/down on those pins so that the serial line will operate normally.

The only driven signal is on the /RI pin, with my pullup which controls the /OE on the 244 buffer.

The miso/mosi/sclk/reset can be then really on ANY pin? (cts/rts/dtr/dsr/dcd?)

  (The GPIO's are out of question, I want to keep the RX/TX LEDs)

Daniel