[avrdude-dev] invalid pin definition - Configured as pin 12, but highest

From: Ing. Daniel Rozsnyó
Subject: [avrdude-dev] invalid pin definition - Configured as pin 12, but highest pin is 11.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:52:58 +0200

Hi,
I've just built the SVN version of avrdude and it has an issue with its own stock config file :)

it says:

$ /usr/bin/avrdude -p atmega2560 -c 2232HIO -P  -V -E noreset

avrdude: WARNING: -E option not supported by this programmer type
avrdude invalid pin definition for pin ERRLED. Configured as pin 12, but highest pin is 11.
Ignoring wrongly configured pin.
avrdude invalid pin definition for pin RDYLED. Configured as pin 15, but highest pin is 11.
Ignoring wrongly configured pin.
avrdude invalid pin definition for pin PGMLED. Configured as pin 14, but highest pin is 11.
Ignoring wrongly configured pin.
avrdude invalid pin definition for pin VFYLED. Configured as pin 13, but highest pin is 11.
Ignoring wrongly configured pin.

The config contains these specs in the id="2232HIO" definition:

#LED SIGNALs.
  errled = ~ 12;
  rdyled = ~ 15;
  pgmled = ~ 14;
  vfyled = ~ 13;

Will somebody update the config file if there was a renumbering of pins? How would I know which numbers should I use? My LEDs are connected to pins AC[4..7] (#30,32,33,34 on FT2232HL)

Or rather update the limit so that these numbers will be correctly interpreted as bits of the two 8 bit ports (AD+AC).

Thanks,

Daniel