Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp

From: Artur J
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:06:06 -0800 (PST)

Oops, I think I didn't include the list in one of my replies. Adding that
address back in.

New patch worked very nice. kkmulticopter flash tool recognized that programmer
type of usbasp clone is available. Programming worked without a glitch. I also
ran avrdude directly with -v -v option and got following:

Using Port                    : usb
Using Programmer              : usbasp-clone
Setting bit clk period        : 8.0
avrdude: seen device from vendor ->XWOPEN.<-
AVR Part                      : ATmega168P

So this programmer does not report product name, only vendor name. Another
clone that I have reports both:

Using Port                    : usb
Using Programmer              : usbasp-clone
Setting bit clk period        : 8.0
avrdude: seen device from vendor ->www.fischl.de<-
avrdude: seen product ->USBasp<-
AVR Part                      : ATmega168P

Another thing to note is this:

avrdude: try to set SCK period to 8e-06 s (= 125000 Hz)
avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware
update.

Something not working quite right here. Both my clones had this.

Thanks for your help Rene

Artur