[avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp

From: Artur J
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and usbasp
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:56:29 -0800 (PST)

I was trying to use kkmulticopter flash tool to program my Atmel 168P based
kkblackboard. Kkmulticopter flash tool calls avrdude to do the actual
programming. Turned out that the USB programmer that
was supplied with my kk board was not compatible with avrdude. It is a
usbasp clone called XWOpen that apparently does not provide vendor name
and device name strings as expected by avrdude. With Christian Moll's
help I altered usbasp.c to not require expected text strings as long as
VID and PID match. There may be a good reason why your original code
expects those to match, but if you incorporate my change into your code, you'll
probably make many owners of XWOpen boards happy.

Artur