[avrdude-dev] [bug #35208] avrdude 5.11 on freebsd 8.2-STABLE does not r

From: bob frazier
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #35208] avrdude 5.11 on freebsd 8.2-STABLE does not reset Arduino Uno properly
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 01:38:45 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #35208 (project avrdude):

I did some 'scope' work on the device and it appears you are correct, i.e.
RTS+DTR set to 1 brings the digital line low rather than high.  As it turns
out adding the extra '1' causes the Uno to reset where it had not been doing
so before, but this may have been an anomoly.  What works even better is
increasing the time delay between setting RTS+DTR to zero and setting RTS+DTR
to 1 in the avrdude code.  I have added a patch that changes the delay time
from 50msec to 250msec, and I have made repeated tests to make sure that the
results are consistent.  The purpose of the increased time delay is based on
what I discovered when I scoped the reset signal.  I was literally getting 2
signals, one in which the reset level was usually above 1V during the pulse,
and a second one where the level dropped below 1V and (usually) caused a
reset.  After applying the new patch, the Arduino Uno resets happen
consistently and I don't get any more programming errors.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35208>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/