[avrdude-dev] [bug #35208] avrdude 5.11 on freebsd 8.2-STABLE does not r

From: David A. Mellis
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #35208] avrdude 5.11 on freebsd 8.2-STABLE does not reset Arduino Uno properly
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:13:13 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #35208 (project avrdude):

If I remember correctly, "setting" DTR and RTS actually lowers them to ground
and "cleaning" them pulls the pins high.  Which means that the current avrdude
code should pull the lines high and then low, triggering a reset.  Bob, did
you check this on a scope or meter?  What'd you see?

If I'm right, then this patch could have the effect of generating two falling
edges on some platforms, which might be problematic.  I'd rather it not be
applied unless we can get more information about what's actually happening on
the hardware and it can be tested on other operating systems.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35208>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/