Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for ATtiny25/45/85 ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Support for ATtiny25/45/85 ?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:59:30 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> >    - pagel
> >    - bs2

> No mention in the XML file.  (I think they are needed for parallel
> programming in STK500.)  Funny enough, only the XML files for the
> ATmega103 and ATtiny2313 mention PAGEL and BS2.

Btw., upon closer look, the algorithm is *really* simple. ;-)

Even though these values are given as hex numbers, they actually
denote the pins of the device these signals are to be routed to.  So,
the ATtiny2313 has PageL at PD4 and BS2 at PD6, this makes the signal
numbers for the STK500 protocol 0xD4 and 0xD6.  The ATmega103 has them
at PA0 and PD7 resp., the values are 0xA0 and 0xD7.  I wonder why
these are the only devices where these values are mentioned in the XML
files though, somehow AVR Studio must have further knowledge beyond
the XML files.

Oh, I see the avrdude.conf comments on top already mention that
algorithm, so it's probably olds I'm telling here...