Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500 version 2.0 protocol

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500 version 2.0 protocol
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:33:18 -0500

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 09:20:23AM +1300, Alex Shepherd wrote:

> I had a quick glance at it but it is not obvious what the V2 version
> does that the current version doesn't.
>
> Obviously I'm not very familiar with either, but what would the V2
> protocol do for us.

The pre-V2 protocol is not compatible with V2.  If we don't support
V2, we won't be able to support the AVRISP and STK500 devices that
have the V2 firmware installed.

I've got this on my list, but I can't say when I'll get to it or how
long it will take me.  If someone else beat me to it, that'd be great
:-)

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers